Join us for one or more art classes that will expand your knowledge of painting techniques and improve your skills as an artist. Our classes are designed to be easy to follow, informative and a lot of fun. Our resident art instructor, Noreen Powell, has been with us since the inception of Paint Club in 2012. Her positive and calm nature fosters an atmosphere of creativity and peace. This Fall and Winter we will also feature some guest artists and instructors for select classes.
Classes are held at The Living Room Art Gallery, Located in Historic St. Agnes Cemetery’s Visitors Center: 48 Cemetery Ave., Menands, NY
Classes include paints (acrylic & oil), brushes, various sized canvas, and delicious baked goods from the famed Schuyler Bakery, gourmet coffees and teas and wonderful, positive energy.
Classes are $30 unless noted otherwise and due the morning before the start of class.
Fall/Winter Class Schedule:
- Oct. 29, 10am – Noon: Salute Sunset with acrylic and metallic acrylic paint
- Nov. 5, 10am – Noon: Basket of Goldenrod
- Nov. 12, 10am – Noon: Burning Bush
- Nov. 19, 10am – Noon: Ye Olde Potting Shed
- *Dec. 3, 10am – 2:00pm: Maine’s Inlet Rose with guest instructor Karen Woodin (December 3 is a four hour class 10 AM – 2 PM $65)
- Dec. 10, 10am – Noon: All Decked Out
- *Dec. 17, 10am – 1:00pm: Painting a Poinsettia with guest instructor Dorothea Osborn (December 17 is a three hour class 10 AM – 1 PM $45)
- Dec. 31, 10am – Noon: Going to a Party (We will do a simplified version of Noreen’s photo below of the St. Agnes Cemetery geese heading to the Louis Menand House. Best painting/artist gets to take all the geese home with them :-))
- Jan. 14, 10am – Noon: Winter Thaw
- Jan. 21, 10am – Noon: Moon on a Cold Night
- *Jan. 28, 10am – 1:00pm: Still Life with Fruit on a Table (This class will focus on techniques used by Edouard Manet – a French artist with a unique style that paved the way for the Impressionist Movement made famous by Claude Monet. January 28 is a three hour class 10 AM – 1 PM $55)
- Feb. 4, 10am – Noon: Lingering Light – Painting in the style of Thomas Kincade
- Feb. 11, 10am – Noon: Van Gogh’s Sunflower
- Mar. 4, 10am – Noon: Painterly Swan
- Mar. 18, 10am – Noon: Field of Clover
Seating is limited so register early. To register call Kelly Grimaldi at (518) 350-7679 or email [email protected]
As with all our classes, no experience is necessary. Come, learn, paint, relax!