Painting Classes at Historic St. Agnes Cemetery
Noreen Powell is back for her 11th season! Join us for one or more art classes that will expand your knowledge of painting techniques and improve your skills as an artist. Each class features a different subject and style with focus on specific techniques and is designed to be easy to follow, informative and a lot of fun. Our resident art instructor, Noreen Powell, offers a peaceful and positive environment where beginner and intermediate painters can gather and learn painting techniques.
Classes are held at The Living Room Art Gallery, Located in Historic St. Agnes Cemetery’s Visitors Center: 48 Cemetery Ave., Menands, NY
Classes include paints (acrylic & oil), brushes, various sized canvas, refreshments, and wonderful positive energy.
Classes are $30 unless noted otherwise and due the morning before the start of class.
Winter/Spring Class Schedule:
- Jan. 27, 10am – 1:00pm: Soup’s On! (acrylic & oil, 8″ x 10″ in canvas) $45.
- Feb. 3, 10am – Noon: Dreaming of a Warm Summer Day (acrylic)
- Feb. 10, 10am – Noon: Beach Vacation (watercolor)
- Feb. 11, 10am – Noon: Pop-Up Paint Class featuring the work of Camille Pissarro (acrylic)
- Feb. 17, 10am – Noon: Rocky Mountain Winter (acrylic)
- Mar. 3, 10am – 1:00pm: Spring’s Promise (acrylic & oil) $45.
- Mar. 10, 10am – Noon: Red Boat at the Cape (acrylic)
- Mar. 17, 10am – Noon: Winslow Homers’ Four Leaf Clover (acrylic)
- Mar. 31, 10am – Noon: Alfred Sisley’s Rose (acrylic)
- Apr. 21, 10am – Noon: Working Mom (acrylic)
- Apr. 28, 10am – Noon: Class will feature a Noreen Powell original, and will be revealed in class! The subject is spring botanicals (watercolor)
Seating is limited and classes fill quickly, so register early. To register call Kelly Grimaldi at (518) 350-7679 or email [email protected]
As with all our classes, no experience is necessary. Come, learn, paint, relax!